Sunday 23 September 2012

Smart Goals setting

Posted by massadawy at 08:11

No one can cheat you out of
ultimate success but yourself "

Ralph Waldo Emerson

We are intelligent
beings and as
intelligent beings
we need to have
SMART goals.



The acronym SMART outlines the The acronym S.M.A.R.T. outlines the
set of criteria that your goal must
follow in order for it to be a well‐
focused and achievable goal.


Create Goals

There is no place in your
life for vague goals

Create Specific
Goals Goals

Specific goal is one that is
clearly defined in such a
way that anyone could way that anyone could
come by and understand
what you intend to accomplish




Bad Thought:
"I want to write a book."








Good Thought:
"I want to write a book on time I want to write a book on time
management that is at least 200
pages in length and have it done by
December 16th. I'll commit myself  y
to writing at least 2 pages every
workday until I reach completion."

Create
Measurable Goals

Always set goals that are
measurable in some way.
You need to establish a
measuring stick for assessing
the progress towards your goals the progress towards your goals
because if you can't measure it,
you can't manage it.
Bad Thought:
"I want to be rich."
Good Thought:
"I want to generate $100 000 I want to generate $100,000
in passive income within 5
years from this date.”

Create
Attainable Goals

Having high goals that stretch
you is important, but you
need to also need to create need to also need to create
goals that are realistic for
your situation and skill level.
You will want to find that
right mix of goal that is right mix of goal that is
challenging, but not extreme.
Bad Thought:
"I want to become a I want to become a
millionaire in 2 months."
Good Thought:
"I want to become a millionaire
ithi 10 b tti within 10 years by starting my own
personal development company
and doing seminars all over the
world and by creating a line of world and by creating a line of
passive income products.”

Create
Relevant Goals

All of us should create a
mission statement for
ourselves which is basically ourselves which is basically
our purpose in life and all of
our goals should spawn from
that mission statement.
Bad Thought:
"Within one year, I want to  y,
become a warlord and have
many loyal soldiers who will
commit acts of terrorism on my  y
behalf.”
Good Thought:
"By the end of the year I By the end of the year, I
want to build a philanthropic
foundation that helps feed
the homeless.”

Create
Time‐Sensitive Goals

Every goal that you create
must be time‐sensitive in
nature.
Bad Thought:
"I am going to do my
homework."
Good Thought:
"I am going to finish my  gg y
homework by 8pm tonight and
I'll achieve this deadline by
spending one hour on each  pg
subject.”
By spending some time towards making sure  y pg g
that your goals fit the SMART criteria,
you will ensure your success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 human resources | Design by Kenga Ads-template